Great classics, the custom window coverings beautifully decorate the windows and filter the light for a subdued atmosphere.
Perform an awning like a boat sail
A curtain at once simple and elegant, which, when folded thanks to a system of carnations, evokes a sail of boat.
- Canvas Cotton
- Eyelets Eyelets
Take the dimensions of the window.
Cut a piece of tarpaulin to these dimensions plus 5 cm all around for the hems.
Sew all hems by placing at the two ends and in the middle of the top and bottom hems, eyelets 4 cm in diameter with a press-eyelets.
At the top and bottom of the window, fix three hooks to hang the curtain made with the eyelets.
To let in the light, unhook the bottom eyelets, lift up the fabric, hook the middle eyelet to the middle hook at the top.
A roman custom window coverings
Here, the flat boat custom window coverings made in gray taupe silk veil dress the windows of their masculine elegance. Between two rooms, they can also act as a partition.
Folding blind rod
3 small plastic rings 1 cm in diameter per fold
White sheathed rods (rush) 3 mm in diameter
- Measure the fabric: count the height once the awning is fully open plus 1.5 cm per fold, plus 5 cm for the top hem, plus 2 cm for the bottom hem
- Set the height of the folds that should not be larger than the distance between the top of the hem window and the rod placed to allow the opening of the window.
- Define the number of folds in relation to the total height and height of each fold. Sew hems at the sides first.
- With a square, draw the line of each fold on the back of the fabric. They must be well parallel, for the good behavior of the blind. Fold the fabric to the iron on each fold line, fabric right side up.
- Pin perpendicular to the fold every 4 cm. Sew all the way to the right stitch, on the pins, 0.7 cm from the edge of the fold. Remove the pins.
- At the top, fold the fabric upside-down for 2.5 cm. Sew the hook-and-loop tape (foam part, the other self-adhesive hook part to be fixed 24 hours in advance on the bead wire) along the fold on the side of the long length of the fabric (ie say not on the 2.5cm side) then make a new fold to 2.5 cm, the self-gripping tape is then placed towards the back of the custom window coverings. Sew straight stitch all the way to close the hem.
- At the bottom, make a hem of 1 cm open on the sides to slide the weight bar.
- Sew the rings on the sides 3 cm from the edges and the third in the middle of the shade, on the back side of the shade, on the pleats, taking as little fabric as possible to allow the rushes to be easily slipped into it.
- Fix the rod to the wall, put the awning on the rod with the self-gripping tape, pass the rods cut to the width of the custom window coverings in the folds and then pass the cords in the rings as indicated on the notice of the rod.
Creating interior shutters dressed in plant tissue
Inspired by the old shutters, the interior shutters are folded into the thickness of the window thanks to the three articulated panels dressed with plant tissue, abaca. This fabric made of natural fiber of banana often tinted softens the light by its weaving and diffuse here very soft rosy nuances.
Vegetable fabric “Simple Abaca” (exists in ten colors)
1- Cut the weaving according to the desired dimensions.
2- Tighten on the inner flap.
3- Adhere directly to the frame with fabric glue.